- Smart Film
- Smart Glass
- Projection Film
- Mirrorvision Glass
- Interactive Glass
- Sound Glass
SMART GLASS (SINGLE GLAZING)
The latest generation of smart glass provides a simple and cost effective alternative to other switchable smart glass technologies. This glass is manufactured by coating down the (PDLC) switchable layer on to one of the glass surfaces.
This means that the (PDLC) switchable coating can be simply applied to any type or thickness of glass (including fire rated), creating a solution with optimum clarity and performance. Another major factor is a reduction in manufacturing lead-time, making it the ideal choice for all time critical projects.
Our standard switchable smart glass (single glazed) uses toughened/tempered glass in thicknesses 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm and 15mm. The 4mm and 6mm glass is often used by DGU/IGU manufacturers to build into their own sealed units.
A simple ON - OFF mode switches the glass from being clear (transparent) to frosted (opaque). In its frosted state the film acts as an electronic blind providing privacy and security for any glass, window or partition.
The switchable smart glass can be manufactured to any size with two standard widths 1000mm (39") and 1500mm (59"). Larger sizes and custom shapes are also available. Multiple panels can be joined together to create large switchable glazed walls or partitions.
This unique glass technology can also be used as a high definition rear projection screen to display corporate presentations, TV images and videos. A truly innovative product making switchable smart glass technology accessible to everyone while giving your home or business the added WOW factor.
Smart Glass Specification
- Switchable glass
- Power - 110VAC
- Frequency - 50/60Hz
- Current - 0.1 amperes per m2
- Power - 7 watts per m2
- Switching - less than 1 second
- Operation - (on) transparent (off) opaque
- Thickness - various
- Light transmittance - On (75%) Off (67%)
- Haze Coefficient - On (7%) Off (87%)
Test Procedures on Smart Glass
- Tested over 3 million switches
- High temperatures - >70 degrees C (over 14 days)
- High temperature / humidity - >50 degrees C / 95% RH (over 14 days)
- Cold temperatures - minus 20 degrees C (over 14 days)
Smart Glass Features
- Switches from clear to frosted
- Any type / thickness of glass
- Panel sizes up to 3 metres (118")
- Standard panel widths: - 1000mm (39") / 1500mm (59")
- HD projection screen
Recommended Smart Glass Applications
- Privacy / security glass
- Glass walls / partitions
- Vision panels / doors
- TV / video screen
- Presentation display
- Furniture / displays
- Manufacturing sealed units
If you require any further information or pricing please don't hesitate to Contact Us.